In the spring and late summer of 2013, the CA ABC (Alcoholic Beverage Control) and the CA Legislature clarified and amended growler laws in California. We have updated our policies not only to reflect the new flexibility of the laws, but to also to ensure we're able to maintain high standards for our beers.
Please note that these policies may be adjusted by Stone Brewing Co. as circumstances require and thank you for respecting our policies.
All fans and everyone in their party must be 21 years of age or older to purchase a growler fill.
We WILL Fill...
- Any CLEAN Stone-branded growler
- Any CLEAN blank or non-brewery branded 1-litre, 2-litre or 3-litre swing-top growlers with gasket seal.
- Growlers with ALL previous brewery labels and logos COMPLETELY obscured in a fashion, “not readily removable by the consumer”. (We will not obscure for you, so come prepared.) And be classy. No duct tape!
Note: Arrogant Bastard Ale branded 3-litre growlers may only be filled with Arrogant Bastard Ale and so on.
We WILL NOT Fill...
- Growlers that are not CLEAN
- SCREW-TOP growlers
- CLEAR glass growlers
- Growlers that are DAMAGED
- Growlers that do not properly SEAL
- Canteens that are not Stone branded
We reserve the right to refuse to fill any growler for any reason.
Other important notes:
• Last call for growler fills is 15 minutes before closing.
• For Specialty Limited Growler Fills, customers have the option of:
—Up to two 1-litre Growler Fills
—One 2-litre Growler Fill
—One 3-litre Growler Fill (if applicable)
Please Note: In cases of extremely limited availability, the above guidelines may be modified in order to serve as many customers as possible.